This Smudging Bundle contains:
- 1 x Small White Sage smudge stick
- 1 x Palo Santo stick
- 1 x Unpolished Abalone Shell
The perfect combination to traditionally cleanse and smudge your space using all four elements. The sage and Palo Santo stick represents the ‘earth’ element. The fire used to burn the herbs represents the ‘fire’ element. The smoke created when the herbs are lit represents the ‘air’ element. The abalone shell represents the ‘water' element.
For hundreds of years, white sage (salvia apiana) has been considered a sacred, cleansing, purifying, and protective plant. Used in rituals and ceremonies for centuries, white sage is often burned in a ritual known as smudging. Smudging is a cleansing ceremony used to rid a person, space or object of negative energy or even bad spirits. Sage emits negative ions, and our aura holds positive ions. Through the smudging process we can neutralise our aura or the energy of other spaces and objects to cleanse and renew.
- SIZE: 11cm L x 3cm W x 3cm H (approximately)
- SOURCED: California
Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens) has a long history of use by the native people of South America as an essential tool in sacred shamanic rituals for its energetic cleansing and medicinal healing properties.
The mystical tree is part of the citrus family and has sweet notes of pine, mint and lemon. The calming and relaxing aroma of Palo Santo is even more present from the smoke of the smouldering wood. Today it is continued to be enjoyed for its cleansing and healing properties, much like sage, to release negative energies and negative thoughts and feelings. The smoke provides an uplifting sent that calms the mind and raises your vibration in preparation for meditation and provides a deeper spiritual connection.
- SIZE: 10cm L x 2cm W x 2cm H (approximately)
- SOURCED: From the sacred Palo Santo tree of South America. Its name translates to ‘holy wood” in Spanish. This product is organically grown and sourced from sustainable farms.
Representing the 'water' element of a 4-element ritual, the abalone shell is also used to catch the ash and embers from your smudge stick.
Rest your smudge stick on the shell before, during and after your cleansing ritual.
- SIZE: 13cm L x 10.5cm W x 5cm H
- SOURCED: Harvested ethically and cleaned safely.
HOW TO USE
- ≜ To begin your cleanse, ensure all windows and doorways are open to allow the negative energies to leave the space.
- ≜ Start first by using the sage to cleanse your space, followed by the Palo Santo to cleanse yourself.
- ≜ Begin from the front door of your home and ensure the stick is well lit. Move around the home in an anti-clockwise motion, as well as an anti-clockwise hand motion.
- ≜ Allow the smoke to drift to into hidden smaller spaces like cupboards and dark corners as you make the intention for the negative energies to leave the space and perhaps even state it aloud that it is no longer welcome, and it is time for it to move on.
- ≜ Then light the Palo Santo and cleanse your body, moving around your head, arms, torso, legs and under your feet.
- ≜ Rest your sage and Palo Santo stick on the shell before, during and after your cleansing ritual. You can also use it to catch the ash and embers from your sage and Palo Santo stick.
- ≜ Use again whenever you feel in need of a cleanse and to remove unwanted negative energies.